Jamming with a band, the ultimate dream... And --- I --- did --- it!! I can't play a musical instument, at least, that's what I thought. A couple of nights ago I went with the Four-Courts-Hostel-gang to the Sin é (which has nothing to do with sin, but it's Irish for 'that's it'). On a couple of nights this pub has a live band which plays typical Irish music. It's absolutely astonishing, those musicians are extremely talented. If I say band I don't mean electric guitars and a whole drumset. This is all acoustic, no microphones and with just one drum.
That particular night we went with a whole group of about 30 people from the hostel. The bartender (Milo) knows us and because of that he locked us in. What I mean with 'locked us in' is that the Sin é stops serving at 11.30pm. After that Milo kicks everybody out except for the FCH-crew. He locks us in as they say in Dublin. We can stay as long as we want, it's a lot of fun! This time Milo locked us in WITH the band and they kept playing their lovely tunes.
After a while the band asked everybody to join them and since I was sitting next to the one with the drum he asked me to play it. I didn't know how to play it, but he helped me and within no time I was part of the band:)
Lieve Marcella, de wonderen zijn de wereld nog niet uit....Marcella speelt in een band!!!! Je hebt er waarschijnlijk geen foto's van...had ik wel erg leuk gevonden:)! Als ik dit zo allemaal lees...heb je eigenlijk nog wel tijd om te slapen? Je maakt heel wat mee daar, maar goed dat ik een weekendje kom...zul je het rustig aan moeten doen met je 'oude' moedertje;)! Eerst zag je tegen die 10 weken op......maar nu zul je het wel moeilijk vinden om naar huis te gaan... Het is een stuk saaier hier hoor! Nog twee nachtjes slapen en dan is Dirk er.....en dan nog twee weken en dan kom ik, wat zullen jullie een lol hebben om mijn slechte engels....daar baal ik wel van hoor! Nou lieverd, een dikke kus van mamsie
ReplyDelete