Pictures Dublin

Thursday, 21st of April

I've worked today. Yes, you've heard me correctly: I've worked today! I started this morning around eleven and I finished at 5. It was totally awesome. I love my colleague Pearse who let me do everything and was a great help to me today. And.... I've found a way to make money! Well, Pearse found me a way to make money. And no, sigh, it has nothing to do with what you're thinking right now, dirty mind... If we sell a tour to our costumers we receive five bucks which goes straight into the pocket, isn't that great? I've earned 25 bucks today, fantastic isn't it?

Well, the job isn't that hard. I have to check people in, just follow a program to do so. Once you figure out how the program is working it's fairy easy. We also sell things like adapters and lockers for the cages under the bed. But once you know how that works it's pretty easy as well. Made a few tiny mistakes, but since it's my first day I'm allowed to do that:)

I'm going to make dinner now, I'll keep you up to date!

---------------------------------------------

Told you I was going to make dinner, well, I'm a lazy bastard, I'm sorry... Just made some toasts with Chocolate-paste on it. Mario, Spanish guy, gave me that idea. So I can blame him:) Maybe I'm going to make the left-over Chickentonight later this evening.

Just got my working-schedule. Looks pretty nice, I'll have to work Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 5 till 10PM. Which makes exactly 20 hours a week. Tomorrow it's going to be extremely hectic. It's Good Friday tomorrow which means that all the pubs are closed and all the guests will be in the hostel the whole night. We're throwing a party with loud music, beers for three bucks and Ray playing guitar. Sounds good to me!

What I noticed over the last couple of days is that the Irish are fantastic people. They are very relaxed and chilled out. They don't mind if you make a mistake and they are extremely friendly. Besides that they totally ignore traffic lights. You can see if you're dealing with a tourist or an Irish bloke. If you see someone waiting at the pedestrians traffic light you can be sure that you're dealing with a tourist (or with me of course). Irish people have a fantastic sense of humour. They like to mock themselves and their friends or colleagues. Which is exactly the kind of humour that I'm used to and exactly the humour I like:)

I have to say that I feel more and more at home at the hostel. I feel like I can be myself and I start to enjoy the fact that I'm on my own here. That doesn't mean that I don't miss my boyfriend, friends and family, but I start to feel at home here too. I'm looking forward to meeting Dirk in a couple of weeks. I've arranged that I'll be free those days, they twisted the schedule on my behalf:)

The English language is also starting to be easier. I've talked English all day today and it's the first time that writing this blog is so easy. I have to give you a heads-up though... I starrrrrt to get the Irrrrrrish 'r', at least that's what my colleague Pearse noticed today. He said: "We'rrrrre rrrrruining yourrrrrrr accent alrrrrrready" If you pronounce the 'r' like you're in a pirate-film, you've got it exactly rrrrright.

I'm going to bed pretty early today, I'm feeling kind of ill today unfortunately. It's seven now, so I'll be watching a couple of episodes of 'How I met your mother' and then I'm off to bed.

3 comments:

  1. hai Marcella,

    Ai hoop toe folloow joe djoering jor trip in Dublin.
    Ai hoop det joe woont mis jor boifrend.
    Hoopfoelli joe olso taip in som duts lengwits!
    bicos ai doont spiek ingliesj ferry goed.

    kis Wouter ( plies loek ed my piktjur, det is hauw Dirk loeks laik wen joe kom bek :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marcella, ik heb echt moeten lachen om dat schrijven van Wouter! Echt melig! Echt fijn dat je je nu een beetje thuisvoelt. Dikke kus....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wouter en ma,

    Ik zag de foto, echt hilarisch;) Ik had inderdaad soort van beloofd om het in het ook Nederlands te doen, maar stiekem vind ik het wel een wijze les voor jullie allemaal;)
    En anders stop je het toch gewoon in de vertaalmachine;)?

    Greetz,
    Marcella

    ReplyDelete