Pictures Dublin

Tuesday, 19th of April

To give you an impression on what my bedroom looks like I've uploaded a photo <---- :) In the cage under my bed you can see my stuff crammed in it. I woke up a couple of times tonight because of people coming in and out of the room. This didn't really bothered me
fortunately.

It's 10.30AM right now and I just took a shower and had breakfast. I had a couple of toasts with jam and a nice warm cup of tea. I start to feel at home a little. I talked to a couple of Spanish guys at my table. It's true what they say about Spanish people and talking English: They suck...;)

I'll start working in about thirty minutes!! I hope it will work out all right and that it won't be extremely difficult. I also hope to get tonight off so I can look around the city a bit more. I wonder what it looks like at night.

You might think: What is she doing there if she's got so much free time on her hands? Well... I haven't figured that out yet. When I left the Netherlands I had the brilliant idea to learn Italian in my spare time, I brought a course for that with me. But... I forgot that my baby-laptop doesn't have a CD-player! I know... Blond;)

Fortunately I have another hobby: Reading. There is a nice reading-room in the hostel with a lot of books. I haven't looked at it closely, but they might have some books I like to read. Besides reading I want to discover Dublin. I'll go on a tour through the city tomorrow, maybe I'll find a couple of places I want to visit then.

It's almost 10.45AM now, going to pack my stuff and I'll be off to the reception desk in fifteen minutes. I'll let you know how it works out:)

--------------------------------------------------------

It's 7.30PM now I've had a long and tiring day. I went to the reception desk this morning, just to find out that there was a slight problem. The computer that I should be working on had a virus and therefore I couldn't work. Cathal gave me a pass to go on the Dublin Bus Tour. This is a tour which has 23 stops on tourist attractions throughout Dublin. You can hop off at every stop and hop on again if you've finished looking there. There are a couple of buses on which the bus driver gives live information about the tourist attractions and there are a couple of buses which have a taped version of the tour. The bus driver I had was hilarious. "On your right you can see a blue door, behind is the smallest pub of Dublin. This pub has place for only eight customers. You have to be careful not to get drunk in that, because they don't have room for you to pass out". And that's even without the extremely funny and catchy Irish accent...

I went to Trinity College, there was a graduation going on there, pretty exciting. Besides that I also went to the National Gallery, they had some very nice paintings. If I write it down like this, it doesn't look like I've seen a lot, but I actually did see a lot today. I've walked miles and miles to the different bus-stops and I saw a lot on the way. I have to say that Dublin has lots and lots of interesting attractions; enormous cathedrals, beautiful parks and nice museums. It's not a very big city though, every place is an approximately 20 minute walk from the hostel. The weather is also very good those first days. I didn't even need a coat or a shawl today, the sky was a perfect shade of blue all day.

Cooked my first meal today, well meal... I'm a lazy person and just made tomato soup, well made... Okay, I confess, I just warmed up soup which I bought at a supermarket... Maybe I'll really cook tomorrow, but don't keep your hopes up too high.

I forgot to put something on my blog yesterday... Before I wrote my blog I opened the present Dirk gave to me before I left. He wrote a little card for every day that I'll be away and a big card for every Sunday that I'll be here. Which means that he took the time to write almost 70 cards for me...:) I'm so happy he is my boyfriend!:)

I'm going downstairs now, going to watch a couple of silly TV-programs on my laptop and maybe read a book.

2 comments:

  1. Heej klinkt alsof je het wel naar je zin hebt! :) Supergoed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik vermaak me prima, soms valt het me alleen wel zwaar dat ik jullie allemaal niet zie. Je bent wel de hele dag op jezelf aangewezen en dat is niet altijd even leuk. Maar ik ga zeker veel leuke ervaringen opdoen hier!

    ReplyDelete