On my way back to the hostel I planned to do my groceries. I grabbed everything I wanted, but a great surprise awaited me at the cash register... I had 'insufficient funds' apparently. I million things raced through my mind: Is my bank account drained by criminals? What did I bought the last couple of days? Were did my money go? How much money have I left?
I decided that I would go back to the hostel and check my bank account. It turned out my bank account wasn't drained by criminals and I didn't bought anything crazy. My health insurance ate up a lot of money. Fortunately I've got another bank account, I transferred it and I finally bought my groceries! Wow, I feel grown up now;)
This afternoon I got a lot of information from Cathal about the system they use to check costumers in and out. It was a lot to take in, but I think that in a couple of weeks it will be peanuts. Cathal told me that I could start to work tomorrow. I'll have a shift from eleven till four. Sounds fair enough.
This evening I've cooked my first meal, and yes, it was a real MEAL! How does that sound: Marcella cooked her first meal. Wow, talking about growing up! I asked my loving boyfriend yesterday if he got an idea about what I should cook for myself and he suggested that I could try to make Chicken Tonight. Fair enough, I thought, and I bought the stuff I need for that today. Chicken, rice, sauce, salt and olive oil.
I can hear you think: I hope she made a huge howler while she was cooking. I'm sorry guys... I actually did a great job. I must admit that I asked my mother for help when I started to cook, but I DID it myself. Which counts for something, doesn't it? I'm sorry that I didn't make a picture of it to show to you how good it looked, but I promise to do that tomorrow or the day after;)
Well, after dinner I have to say that I didn't do a lot. I just made myself comfortable on a couch with my laptop. I'm addicted to the series: "How I met your mother". It's legendary! It's ten o'clock now, I'm hitting the sack!
Hey lieverd, ik ben trots op je!!! Zelf je kostje koken, goed hoor. Ik ben benieuwd hoe het vandaag gaat met werken, maar dat zal wel lukken. Vanavond moet Debbie zingen in de Oude kerk, ik hoop dat we nog wel even kunnen skypen. Je ziet...weer niet in het engels, ik had het geprobeerd, maar helaas, het was niet te volgen. Ik praat nu zo af en toe engels met Kees, maar dat valt niet mee. Heb ik een dochter die zo goed is in engels...en ik kan er echt niets van! Lieve groetjes van mams
ReplyDelete