Pictures Dublin

Wednesday, 18th of May

Crazy with a capital 'c', that's what the city is like today. Thousands of policeofficers marching the streets for the Queen, the busses stop at different busstops during the day and on top of that we've got the Europe League Final. This resulted into a crazy, buzy and energetic city.

I didn't know about the match, at least I did know, but I didn't remember --- until I decided that I wanted to walk to the Temple Bar District... It felt like I walked into another world... The smell of sweat and beer of excited football-fans hit me in the face when the first pub came into sight. Within seconds I was surrounded by a crowd of chanting guys. I have to admit, I felt a 'little' out of place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazing that they close down the road every time the Queen crosses it. The yellow-jackets even wanted us to close the windows tonight, just in case people wanted to throw things at the Queen from the second floor of the hostel. Due to the enormous enthusiasm of Shane who kept bragging about prince Philip waving at him, I wanted to see the Queen too. For the first time since the Queen landed ground in Ireland, I actually saw her and waved at her:)

1 comment:

  1. Lieve Marcella, je hebt heel wat reacties gehad op je vorige blog! Zie je wel dat het leuk is dat je weer schrijft;)! Het zal bij jullie in het hostel ook wel druk zijn, ben jij even blij dat je op een meiden-kamer slaapt en niet op een gemixte:) Dirk is nadat hij bij z'n broer gegeten heeft, hier nog een bakkie komen doen. Morgen zal het wel weer een stuk rustiger zijn in Dublin. Ik ga stoppen, kmoet nodig naar bed!Lieve groetjes uit het kiependorp

    ReplyDelete