Pictures Dublin

Tuesday, 17th of May

Okay guys, I'm gonna be honest with you. The reason why I didn't post any blog the last week is that I feel miserable. Especially when Dirk left on Monday I just didn't want to do anything. I stayed inside the hostel for two days, just watching TV-shows. I have to admit that I didn't enjoy the occasionally phone-call home either. Just hearing the voices of the people I love made me realize how lonely I felt.

Later on in the week I started to feel even worse. My throat didn't feel good and I started to get a cold. And believe me, feeling ill when you're 800 kilometers away from home doesn't feel that good. All I wanted to do was go to my own bed and let my mother take care of me. I know, this isn't something you will expect from me, whining about going home. So, now I'm only going to write about happy things:)

The first good thing that happened is that my mum is coming over to the hostel!!!! I' m soooooo excited!! She's going to stay in the same dorm as me, so we will be roomies:) She's coming in the last week that I'll be in Dublin, secretly to make sure that I'll stay in Dublin for the full 10 weeks;). It makes me really happy to know that my mom will be here and see how it's like for me to live here.

The second good thing is that I've met a reeeeeaaaaally nice girl form Quebec (Canada), Marilou. She's going to stay here for a long time, so this time I won't have to say goodbye to her in a couple of days. Actually I met Marilou earlier, but now we found out that we've got a great connection. I told her how I felt and she said that she would help me get through with it. She's been through the same stuff as me, so it felt good to talk about it with her.

The third wonderfull thing that happened today: The QUEEN visited Dublin today. And she even popped in for a quick visit in our hostel ^^!! Look at the amazing picture above, made by me:) (And no folks, photoshop had nothing to do with it;))

The crazy thing about the queens visit is the enormous amount of Garda marching the street today. There were more 'yellow-jackets' than normal people. The atmosphere was also different. With cops on the rooftops and a helicopter circling above your head the whole ambiance of the city changes. There were a couple of quarrels in Dublin, but nothing serious happened so far. Keep your fingers crossed.

I don't know if you've heard about the security measures they provided for the Queen's visit. The police checked every man-hole and lampposts for hidden bombs. After they checked all the holes they sealed and marked them as checked. The Irish government spent an awful lot of money on security for the 85-year-old Queen.

Most of the Irish people are oblivious of the fact that the Queen arrived today. The only people I spotted cheering on the sidewalk were tourists. The reason behind that is that most Irish people don't care about the Queen. The ones who care though hate the Queen of England. They protested against her visit and were on the street, not cheering but booing at her.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Marcella, kom op meid, ga ervoor. Je kan hier alleen maar sterker uit komen.Kijk eens wat je allemaal meemaak, Barneveld blijft wel op jou wachten en Dirk natuurlijk helemaal. Ja en dan je moeder. Ja wat moet ik hier nou op zeggen. Je moeder is toch alles he?, als je je niet lekker voelt. Wel fijn dat ze je komt bezoeken. Annemieke vond het ook helemaal geweldig toen Jaco haar kwam bezoeken in Israel. Nou lief buurmeisje ik hoop je snel weer te zien. Je buurvrouw Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lieverd, heeft Anja nog eerder je blog gelezen dan ik! Ik heb het gemist, je verhalen op je blog!!! Toch leuk dat de queen bij jullie is geweest;). Ik hoop dat je je snel weer helemaal toppie voelt, gelukkig heb je lieve mensen om je heen. Ook fijn dat Marilou en jij het zo goed samen kunnen vinden, dat stelt mij wel gerust. Er gebeurd wel heel wat in Ierand als jij er bent! Elisabeth, Obama en the champions legue!! En dat allemaal voor jou.....! Volgens mij schrijf ik het allemaal niet helemaal goed, maar ja. Marcella, kop op, je moeder is trots op je! xxxjes mams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anja en ma,
    Jullie zijn allebei hartstikke lief:) Ik ga er ook echt wel doorheen komen, zeker nu ma langs gaat komen!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lieve Marcella,

    Wat lees ik nu dan? Komt mama bij je op bezoek? Wanneer gaat het gebeuren? Wat leuk voor je zeg!
    Die foto van de queen is wel een beetje verdacht hoor! Een beetje wazig randje om haar knottebolletje, toch een little photoshopje hier en daar?
    Het beste verder he en zet em op!
    Groetjes van tante Jeanita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beste Marcella,

    How do you do in the Irish pub:) We zitten hier nu als stuurgroep van de schaapskooiavonden bij elkaar en denken aan jou. We beseffen dat de afstand qau kilometers onoverbrugbaar is voor deze avond, maar toch ben je in ons hart. Ook jij bent 1 van onze schaapjes, al ben je enigszins afgedwaald. We denken aan je en houden van je! Dirk heeft hier net heerlijk gegeten en als jij terugkomt moet je hetzelfde recept ook maar eens proberen. Greets the Irihs en bring the gospel into the PUBS:)

    Groetjes Cees en Rachel

    ReplyDelete