Halfway there I had to go to the ladies room. The pub was pretty big, but I found the toilets eventually. I had to walk a couple of stairs down, but when I went back to find Margot I wasn't paying attention at how many stairs I took...
When I found door which leaded to the bar I couldn't believe my eyes. There was a band playing lame songs and the bar was on the other side of the room. It looked like I was in a totally different pub! I tried the stairs again and once again I was in a totally different room. "Did I drink too much?", I thought. I only had one pint, that couldn't be it... I walked across the room and saw more stairs. There was some kind of balcony and I could not believe my eyes for the second time that night. There were stairs leading to at least five floors... I was lost in a pub...
I know I have the sense of direction of a potato, but that I was able to get lost in a pub was beyond my expectations. A man pulled me out of my reverie. "You don't look Irish, where are you from?" I politely answered his question and told him that I got lost and that I couldn't find my friends any more. I told him I needed to find the ground floor. Fortunately the man showed me the ground floor and asked me if I could bring my friends over to where he was. I thanked him and said I would think about it. I found Margot and her Barnacles friends soon enough and I never got back to the nice man who helped me find my way.
Toch even een reactie hoor, ik denk dat ik ook meteen zou verdwalen. Gelukkig was je daar niet alleen:)! Wel een beetje jammer datje niet terug bent gegaan naar die aardige meneer;). Weet je nog hoe die pub heette, kan ik even googlen! Leuk dat je twee van die gezellige dagen hebt gehad. Ik heb eerst een reactie op zondag gegeven, zodoende weet ik al dat je twee gezellige dagen hebt gehad. Lijkt me ook leuk om een keer 'hurling' te gaan kijken!! Zal wel bij dromen blijven:(. Ik had er nog nooit van gehoord, jij denk ik ook niet. Doeiiiiii
ReplyDeleteDe pub waar we waren was de Fitzsimons:) Haha, het was een beetje te groot voor mijn al niet zo geweldige richtingsgevoel. Volgende keer ga ik niet meer alleen naar de WC;)
ReplyDeleteIk heb even op de site gekeken, kon aan de buitenkant wel zien dat het groot was! Je had niet zo'n leuk fimpje zoals bij jou hostel, had ik tenminste kunnen zien hoe het er werkelijk vanbinnen uitzag (en hoe je in vredesnaam kon verdwalen!) Kuzzies
ReplyDelete