Pictures Dublin

Friday, 6th of May

3:00, 3:01, 3:02, 3:03, 3:04, ..... I've seen every minute pass on the clock last night. It was insane.. I couldn't sleep but didn't want to get up either. Because I knew today would be the best day that I would have at my stay here in Dublin. And that is because... My wonderful boyfriend came over to see me:) But first I needed to get through the morning, eat breakfast and pretending to be relaxed while my mind was at the airport. At 9:05 I took the Airlink bus to the airport. I had to wait for half an hour until his plane would touch the Irish ground. Those last minutes were dreadful. It took forever... I watched the gate expectantly and every time the doors opened I hoped for HIM to walk through them. Finally a cloud of blond hair announced his arrival...:)

I asked a colleague about the transport from the airport to the hostel. He said to me that I could take a 'normal' bus from a stop just a little walk from the airport. It would be cheap and easy to find. I had to hop off at Dame Street, which is just around the corner of the Four Courts Hostel. Well the first part went pretty well. The second part on the other hand... We had to hop off at Dame Street but I didn't pay enough attention... I've got a good reason for this: I was distracted by my wonderful company.

We finally managed to get to the hostel and got a warm welcome from my colleagues. They were absolutely fantastic, they didn't even want Dirk to pay for his stay in the hostel! When I left this morning they threatened that they would behave very silly upon his arrival. Fortunately they didn't dare to do that;)

I didn't make a plan for the rest of the day beforehand. I knew a couple of places I still wanted to see, but I wanted Dirk to decide which sights he would like to see. Eventually we went to Dublin Castle. It was really nice, the guide was rather enthusiastic about it which made it interesting.

The rest of the day we just walked around, made pasta and chilled out:) Wonderful first day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Marcella, ik ben nu wel benieuwd naar het vervolg!! Je hebt alles nog goed in je hoofd. Jammer dat we gisteravond niet konden skypen, misschien lukt het vanmiddag wel. We hadden elkaar al gesproken....was dus niet zo erg. Ik spreek je wel, xxxjes mams

    ReplyDelete