Pictures Dublin

Sunday, 24th of April

Happy Easter everybody!

I started today with a service at 11 in the Christ Church Cathedral just around the corner of the hostel. I couldn't find a 'normal' protestant service in Dublin, so I went for the Anglican service in Christ Church Cathedral. It was a very nice experience. The building alone got me goosebumps all over. They had a choir which was absolutely amazing. They sung parts of the Messiah of Händel so beautifully, it sent chills down my spine... The only thing that was a bummer was the sermon itself. The whole service took over 1,5 hour and the sermon itself only took ten minutes. This wouldn't be a problem, if it would have been a really captivating and interesting 10 minutes. But unfortunately, it wasn't.

The rest of the day passed by with doing nothing basically. I walked around Dublin with a Swedish guy named Diderick (or however you spell that). He is a eccentric lad, I mean I've never met a guy who would dress the same every single day. He wears a fancy jacket with elbow patches (see picture--->) and a red pair of trousers, I repeat, EVERY day... Quite attached to it I guess.

I spent the afternoon just hanging around in the hostel. At six I decided to make some pasta, which was absolutely delicious! I'm getting the hang of it, bring it on! When I was eating my delicious dinner, a couple of Australian lads started to talk to me and asked if I wanted to play cards with them. They thought that they had an easy victim, but they guessed wrong. I totally dominated:)

Well, I'm sorry I don't have something really awesome going on here right now. Just hanging out. If you've got any suggestions about what I should do the following days, let me know;) I've got two days off, so plenty of free time on my hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment